Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The dreaded pink

A few days ago, I bought a label printer. Somehow, this rather obscure act brought back one of my pet peeves.

I'm not overly fond of the colour pink. I wouldn't say that I hate it, but I would very very rarely choose pink over any other colour. Except... Except when purchasing pink products mean a donation to breast cancer research/support. I had a choice of three products. One blue, one silver, one pink. All the same price, only the pink one gave $1 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. I then had to wrestle with my conscience, to pink and do good, or not to pink, and thus not have pink. This time, the pink won out. That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. Breast cancer happens (mostly) to women. Pink is the feminine colour. Therefore, paint everything pink. Argh!

1 comment:

  1. Let's face it: Pink is an evil color. I say that with the greatest possible objectivity. However, if the Allies in WWII could make a pact with Stalin in order to win against Hitler, then it might even be possible for me to buy something pink in order to support breast cancer research. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete